Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why I Read

Why I Read

I have been a reader for as long as I can remember. As a child my dad would take me to the library, where I would take out as many books as I could. Once we got home I would spend an hour deciding on what order I’d read them in, arranging and rearranging the stack as the afternoon went on. I couldn’t wait to start a new book. I’d read long after bedtime with a flashlight, half listening for footsteps so I wouldn’t get caught. Books have always been great friends to me. I can get lost in a story very easily. In books you can be whoever or whatever you’re reading about. I know I’ll never be a police detective or a heroine in a romance novel but in a book I can pretend and then go back to reality. My favorite novels are murder mystery and suspense. But I’ll read just about anything.
I look forward to sharing my latest reads and am always looking for new books to add to my list.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend that's name is also Nancy and you sound like twins. Or maybe you are the Nancy I know and love???? I'll be back to read more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete