Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back again

I was really excited about starting this blog. I have several friends with successful blogs and I wanted to join their ranks. As you can see by the dates, I failed miserably. Two of my blogger friends recently found my blog, not sure how, and reminded me that it was out there. Thanks for finding me girls! I had even forgotten what I called it. Bad, I know. So now I'm going to try and keep up with it all once again. I've done a lot of reading since my last post. I'm going to do a speed version of some things. Then I'll expand on some of the things I've finished recently. Here goes:

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich-
Funniest and most enjoyable author out there! I have read just about everything by her and will continue to do so. A few months back my mom's group read One for the Money. The movie was being filmed in my hometown of Pittsburgh and we had a great time picking what we thought was the perfect cast. Of course, Hollywood didn't agree with us but I'm still looking forward to the movie.
Re-reading book #1 surprised me. I didn't think it was that funny. I think it's because Evanovich just gets better and better with each book. I can't wait for 17 to come out!

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert-
My apologies to anyone who loved this book. I could barely get through the whole thing. For a person who finishes just about every book I start, even if I hate it, that's saying a lot. The only reason I did finish it was it was the book choice for a book club. I had to skip most of the praying part to get it finished. I am in no hurry to see the movie but I'll try to catch eventually. Same goes for the next book.

The Middle Place-Kelly Corrigan
Again this was a book club choice. Does anyone notice a trend here?
It was an interesting read based on a true story. I didn't find it as inspiring as most. I'm not sure why. Overall worth reading.

Fantasy in Death- J. D. Robb aka Nora Roberts
Another one of my very favorites! I used to read Nora Roberts but the stories all started to be the same boring romance. Then I found her "in Death" series. Eve Dallas and Roarke are a fantastic couple. She's a cop in NY in 2020. He's a incredibly wealthy former criminal. Together they are the whole package. Each book is a great who done it crime.
I recommend you start with the first book in the series. It isn't crucial but much easier to learn who's who.


These were just a few of the books that I read this summer. What did you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment